Friday, May 22, 2009

NAIL CARE request! :)

So i've been getting requests on how I maintain my nails/nail care!! So I thought that I would share with everyone!! But in no way, shape, or form am I saying that this is the correct way to take care of your nails..this is just how I PERSONALLY take care of my own nails! :) I actually forgot to take a picture of my nails AFTER the whole process because I went straight into doing another nail tutorial (BOLD FUNKY nail look). So right now my nails are DID haha! Ok so onto the nail care steps....

CHECK IT OUT IN ACTION :)


STEP 1: Take off previous nail polish with acetone and cotton


STEP 2: File tips of my nails down (don't like to cut my nails) with a coarse nail file (**NOTE** make sure you file in ONE direction and a time, and NOTTTT back and forth....this will weaken your nails and your nails will be more likely to chip, break, split!!)



STEP 3: Use a cuticle softener to push down cuticles and scrape up the gunk off your nails HAHAH! :) (i am using Sally Hansen's Problem Cuticle Remover ~$3-4 and a Revlon nail pusher ~$5)

Take the cuticle softener and apply it to you cuticles first, then massage it onto the rest of you nail (concentrate most on the cuticles)

Then take your nail/cuticle pusher and scrape the gunk off your nails and push your cuticles down (**NOTE** you DONT want to cut your cuticles because you will be more susceptible to infection, your cuticles are a BARRIER)

you can also add some cuticle softener to the back of each nail (if you have longer nails) and scrape/clean underneath the nail as well :)


STEP 4: Take a more gentle nail file and file the face of each nail :) (im using a file/buffer that I got at walmart for about 97cents!!)



STEP 5: I take Sally Hansen's Cuticle and Nail Refiner....this is kind of like a exfoliant type product where the product feels gritty and this helps smooths out your nails :)

I apply a little bit of this product on each cuticle...

Then just buff each nail by rubbing the product on the face of each nail/cuticles..after you do this to each nail then wash your hands in WARM water



STEP 6: I then take acetone on a cotton pad and clean my nails again to make sure that there aren't any more natural oils on my nails prior to adding my base coat! :) This will help prevent your polish from chipping...


STEP 7: Then apply a BASE COAT..this is definitely IMPORTANT! It will help strengthen your nails, help you polishes stay on longer, prevent chipping/splitting,... Putting on a base coat also will prevent polishes from staining your nails!!!


STEP 8: apply 2 coats or so of you nail polish and/or nail art


STEP 9: apply a TOP COAT!! also very important to seal in your color and help your finished nails last longer!! You can also add top coat every day or once every 2 days to help maintain the look of your nails!!



I HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL..and again..this is just how I PERSONALLY maintain my nails!! If you guys have any tips for me or if I am doing anything wrong..let me know..comment me!!

THANKSSSSSS for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment